This course strengthens and deepens communication skills for technical professionals. Organization of information for multiple audiences and purposes is engaged for project managers and technologists. Students work hands-on with technological tools to document and present project outcomes. Professionalism in both oral and written communication is expected.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Design and revise business/workplace documents for a specific audience and purpose.
- Compose and apply discipline-specific voice, style, and terminology to achieve communication goals.
- Distinguish, formulate, and evaluate design principles to assist with visual, written, and oral communication.
- Assess and employ technology to assist in achieving communication objectives.
- Assemble and interpret relevant research materials.
- Prepare professional documentation consistent with university and workplace standards.