Click Here to Read Full Transcript
BILL JOHNSON: The Masters of Science in Project Management is a program that is accredited by the largest Project Management Association in the world — PMI.
YONAS TEKLEMARIAM: The St. Mary's University project management program is unique in a sense that it caters for a diversity of student base who come from all walks of life.
BILL JOHNSON: The program is really designed to help the student go to that next level within their work experience — from managing perhaps simple projects to very complex projects, using the various tools, techniques that are developed by PMI. What they're learning in the classroom, they really can apply in their work-a-day lives. Many of my students come back to me and say, you know what we talked about on Tuesday night? I applied it Thursday in my work place.
YONAS TEKLEMARIAM: The courses that I take in this program and the projects that we do at the end of each class helped me to polish my project management skills day by day, both in my personal and professional life.
BILL JOHNSON: We really do focus on developing leadership within our students. The ability to communicate and lead teams is probably one of the critical factors to a project manager's success. We really pride ourselves on being able to develop a community of learners within each of our classes.
YONAS TEKLEMARIAM: Most of the projects that you come across these days in that real world involve collaborative tasks from different locations. Therefore, learning how to manage projects in this manner will make you confident.
BILL JOHNSON: The level of support that our faculty provides students that is rather extraordinary.
YONAS TEKLEMARIAM: You will learn from faculty who have decades of real world experience in managing complex projects.
BILL JOHNSON: Instructors are available almost 24/7. They can set up video conferencing. They can set up a myriad of different ways to communicate with each other.
YONAS TEKLEMARIAM: The project management program will help me immensely in advancing my career. But again, it's not just in the future. It's helping me now.
“Microsoft Project was completely new to me and because I had never used it I was quite nervous. I recalled my past experience attempting to learn how to use Microsoft Publisher and what a headache that had been. Fortunately, I found myself having fun while learning how to use MS Project which made the process a lot less painstaking. It feels good to learn a skill that I know I will be using in my future career as a Project Manager. Rarely, have I had such certainty that a skill I learned in college will directly benefit me within my professional career. I look forward to learning even more about MS Project and am excited for the possibilities which lie ahead.”
– Korey O'Connell, Project Management, M.S.
Why Choose an Online Project Management Master’s Degree with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota?
- Learn project management skills through the latest software/apps, including Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Learn best practices of project management for predictive, hybrid, and adaptive (agile) methodologies.
- Greater interaction between students and faculty through weekly a-synchronized meetings, and other e-communication techniques.
- Learn from faculty that work in the industry and bring a career and industry perspective to the classroom.
- Prepare yourself for more than 2.3 million new project management positions globally, of which 128,088 are being created in North America each year until 2030 with an average salary of $111,3991.
- Earn digital badges for skills you have mastered in your courses and display them on social media sites.
- Earn a degree while preparing for the PMP exam.
- The program is accredited by PMI GAC, the gold standard of accreditation for project management programs.
- Choice of six graduate certificate offerings to add on to your degree - The Saint Mary’s Accelerators are a carefully crafted series of master’s-level graduate certificates designed to advance your career to help you meet personal and professional goals.
Get More with a Project Management Degree Online
Today’s workplace is changing. With ever-more complex projects and a growing number of team members collaborating from scattered destinations, project management plays a critical role in organizational innovation, productivity, and success. This makes an online master’s in project management degree more valuable than ever.
In contemporary business operations, organizations need highly effective project managers to set clear goals, define scope, successfully manage costs, timelines, and outcomes. It’s now a responsibility for professionals with the right knowledge and skillsets. Our online Master of Science in Project Management will give you the technical skills to excel in this role and the confidence to lead your peers forward both as a business and as a team.
This 36-credit, 24-month online degree, which is aligned with the PMI Guide’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), will teach you how to define, implement, evaluate, and lead initiatives from conception to completion. In the process, you will prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam to become a certified PMP. You’ll also gain the practical knowledge to add new value in your current role as you expand your leadership skills and broaden your horizons.
Our project management curriculum focuses on developing leadership qualities, such as cost management strategies, productivity, and strong management principles to help advance graduates towards a project management career.
The Tools for Success in an Evolving Industry
“Learning about agile leadership and earned value management both provided a valuable tool for project management.
– Teresa Bierbaum, Project Management, M.S. ‘20
As the field of project management continues to evolve and grow in importance, the demand for versatile leaders who can adapt to the needs of an increasingly global and virtual world will grow with it. At Saint Mary’s, we’ll help prepare you to meet this demand, teaching you how to:
- Plan and manage complex projects using industry technologies and tools
- Employ recognized project management principles and best practices
- Manage and incorporate change through the project lifecycle
- Address the cross-cultural, social, and political challenges of international projects
- Effectively lead and understand diverse groups and populations
- Incorporate an ethical perspective in all communications and professional activities
Open Up the Way to Career Advancement
This project management online degree offers you an incredible value and outlook for your project management career. Tailor your study to support your goals, while gaining practical knowledge. The final capstone project brings together theories, critical analysis, and application developed in previous coursework. Choose between a major term paper and a project simulation of your interest, with results to be formally presented. If you’d like a global focus, incorporate one of two electives that addresses business from an international perspective.
With Saint Mary’s Online Masters in Project Management, you will acquire leadership skills, handle conflict resolution, and discover how to properly implement crisis management through our curriculum’s project management training. The skills you learn will allow you to be successful in many of the careers including:
- Site Manager
- Risk Manager
- Information Security Analyst
- Project Administrator
- Project Director
- Operations Manager
- HR Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- International Project Manager
Our project management program also supports your personal growth through a curriculum emphasizing the Lasallian ideals of excellence, ethics, and social justice. Saint Mary’s University believes that when people work together, the world gets better. Learn how to lead this change in your organization—and prepare for your moment as a difference-making project manager—with this online master’s degree program.
Saint Mary’s online Masters in Project Management will allow you to make a difference across many project management concentrations including:
- Supply chain management
- Risk management
- Information security
- Talent acquisition
- Strategic human resource management
- Cost management
- Project cycle management
- Project management consulting
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Monitoring and evaluating
Graduate Certificate Options to Deepen Your Knowledge
Students have the option to choose a graduate certificate in a specific focus area:
- Finance Certificate
- Healthcare Administration Certificate
- Healthcare Analytics Certificate
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Individual and Team Leadership Certificate
- Nonprofit Management Certificate
- Organizational Change Leadership Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
Project Management Rankings
- #8: Best Online Master's in Project Management Programs 2021
- #10 Best Master’s in Project Management Degrees 2021
- #33 Top 50 Online Master’s in Project Management Programs
- #18 Best Online Master's in Project Management 2020 Online College Rankings
- #8 Top 30 Project Management Masters Programs 2021
- #25 Top 25 Online Master’s in Project Management for 2019
- #9 Top 20 Master’s in Project Management Online Degree Programs for 2021
- #12 The 17 Best Affordable Online Master’s in Project Management
- #22 50 Best Online Master’s in Project Management Degree Programs
- #8 The 30 Best Online Master’s in Project Management Degree Programs
- #19 The 50 Most Affordable Graduate Project Management Degrees Online
- #10 25 Best Affordable Online Project Management Degree Programs (Master’s) 2020
- #17 Master’s in Project Management Online: Top 25 Values
Learning at Your Fingertips
A Saint Mary’s education puts knowledge and opportunity in your hands. Our mobile learning programs give you the flexibility that fits your professional and personal schedule as you build skills and knowledge to develop, explore, and advance your career. It’s the freedom you need to grow with a vibrant, supportive community that understands the needs of your education, your career, and your day-to-day life.
Our innovative program enables you to:
- Access your courses and materials with just a click
- Engage with the curriculum through interactive exercises
- Reinforce learning points using real-world scenarios
- Connect with classmates and faculty anywhere
- Develop mobile technology skills employers require
- Study with convenience, on the go
At Saint Mary’s, every student enjoys the same high-tech, high-quality learning experience— wherever they are.