Saint Mary’s University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States.
Learn more about our accreditation at the Higher Learning Commission’s website or by contacting the Commission at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604 (800-621-7440).
Our Master of Science in Project Management degree program is further accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs. Learn more about this accreditation at the Global Accreditation Center’s website.
Our Baccalaureate Degree Program in Nursing at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791. Learn more about this accreditation at the CCNE website.
Rankings and Honors
Saint Mary’s, known for the quality of its education, has recently received numerous instances of recognition for its efforts.
- America’s Best Colleges – 2014 by Forbes.com Forbes’ best colleges are determined by, among other factors, student evaluations, student post-graduate success, and the number of students who receive nationally competitive awards, Forbes.com listed Saint Mary’s among America’s Best Colleges 2012 in “the best public and private colleges and universities from the student’s point of view” category.
- Best Midwestern Colleges – 2015 by the Princeton Review Highlighting colleges and universities that stand out for academic excellence, the Princeton Review designated Saint Mary’s as one of the “Best in the Midwest.”
- America’s Best Colleges – 2015 by U.S. News & World Report Ranking colleges and universities based on indicators in seven key categories, U.S. News & World Report placed Saint Mary’s among its first tier of “Best National Universities.”
- Best Colleges for Veterans – 2016 by U.S. News & World Report ranking colleges and universities who offer federal initiatives for veterans and active services members based on indicators such as graduation rate, faculty resources, and other criteria for high academic quality. For more information visit U.S. News & World Report
- Top 12 U.S. Faculty Development Program – 2014 by Florida State College After a study of over one hundred colleges and universities, Saint Mary’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning was collectively named a top teaching center for dedication to faculty development and excellence in education.
Saint Mary’s also participated in the most recent National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), the results of which showed that the university, when compared with other higher education institutions nationally and even with other small, liberal arts colleges in the Midwest, provides a distinctive and superior college experience based on criteria such as student engagement, student satisfaction, and faculty quality. For more information about the NSSE, visit the NSSE website.