Ethical leadership is an imperative cornerstone toward success in any organization, institution or educational environment. As a leader in your organization, questions of ethics and law will present themselves to you on a daily basis. Showcase exemplary management skills with the ability to identify whether the challenges fall within the context of ethics and law by studying and debating case studies and the social impact of historical issues.
EL 633 Ethics and Law, surveys ethical principles and legal issues that impact leadership in an educational setting. Legal trends, state and federal laws, case studies, and ethical dilemmas as they apply to personal and professional ethics are addressed.
Sample Course Topics
Each week, you will focus on a new centralized topic as it relates to the overall objectives of this course. While weekly topics are subject to change based on course and instructor, sample topics may include but are not limited to the following.
- Introduction to Ethics and Law
- Due Process
- Intellectual Freedom and Leader’s Character
- Diversity Issues
- Diversity/Multicultural Issues
- Special Education and Current Issues
- Data Privacy and Creating an Ethical Climate
- Integrity and the Challenges of Diversity
Your Learning Objectives
Upon completion of EL 633 you will be able to:
- Analyze the history of educational ethics and legal issues in relation to social impact.
- Identify legal and ethical issues regarding education relevant to your career field.
- Discuss and evaluate ethical and legal case studies addressing educational issues.
- Identify and interpret the implication of the code of the ethics related to your career field.
- Demonstrate an integration of ethics and legal principles into your personal and professional lives.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.