This course focuses on graduate academic writing skills, including voice and style, incorporating source material, ethical use of source material, APA writing guidelines, and revising writing. Students learn to locate and evaluate resources relevant to the research and writing process.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Develop a research question, delineating the complexity in an issue.
- Use information from a variety of sources relevant to a question.
- Evaluate information for relevance and credibility.
- Analyze and synthesize scholarly articles.
- Integrate source material into academic writing, including correct use of summary, paraphrase, and quotation, along with proper citation.
- Incorporate different points of view on an issue.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrate skills in rewriting, editing, and proofreading.