This course focuses on theories and styles of leadership and the ways in which outcomes are influenced through increased awareness of personal style and skills. Personal and professional ethics are analyzed, and ethical issues in organizations are explored.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate personal leadership strengths and opportunities for leadership success.
- Analyze the role of the leader in the context of organizational issues.
- Analyze one's learning and communication style as it applies to leadership in a technological world.
- Distinguish emotional intelligence competencies that contribute to leadership success.
- Analyze ethical principles that affect decision making.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas within organizations.
- Synthesize the individual, organizational, and systemic issues in ethical situations.
- Construct a process for ethically responsible decision making and apply this model to ethical decision points.