The course provides students with an understanding of how accounting and other information necessary to assess a firm’s economic status is created, packaged and disseminated to a company’s management team and external users such as investors, customers, analysts and the financial media. Course also covers academic writing used in the program and information literacy required for research.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate methods used to communicate complex accounting concepts.
- Interpret how effectively annual reports communicate an organization’s objectives.
- Develop different communication strategies for all stakeholders.
- Employ multimedia, hypermedia and electronic literature resources to gather and distribute accounting and business knowledge and information.
- Employ clear writing and speaking skills appropriate to the audience.
- Capture ideas, data and relationships visually.