This course covers how accounting leaders assist a company in making strategic financial decisions and explores the relationship between ethics and leadership. Students learn behaviors to accelerate high performance and create an ethical environment.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Develop a definition of ethical leadership that encompasses social responsibility and civic engagement.
- Use tools for conflict resolution, managing diversity and building teams.
- Evaluate team strategies that enhance team productivity.
- Analyze organizational theories of managing strategically.
- Assess the congruence between personal norms and ethical principles.
- Demonstrate respectful engagement with others’ ideas, behaviors and beliefs.
- Apply diverse frames of reference to decisions and actions.
- Resolve issues based on evidence weighed against relevant criteria.