This course examines various philosophical theories and ethical practices that help guide a student’s ability to think and act ethically. Personal and professional ethics are analyzed and ethical issues in public and nonprofit organizations are explored. Ethical principles and models, including normative concepts and principles for moral reasoning, are examined.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Analyze ethical principles that affect decision making.
- Identify and analyze key ethical issues that impact of public and nonprofit organizations.
- Identify professional ethical guidelines for field of study.
- Differentiate between ethical and legal rights and responsibilities.
- Apply ethical theories, models and principles.
- Develop a framework for resolving complex ethical dilemmas.