Student learn how to build, assess, and support decision support systems such as data warehouses and data marts for data science. Students build a data warehouse. Project management strategies are discussed.
At the end of the course, you’re expected to:
- Articulate fundamental database concepts.
- Explain the value of different types of databases used to solve business problems.
- Communicate architecture requirements via industry standard diagrams.
- Evaluate relational table design and pitfalls of poor design.
- Implement an operational data store with the fundamentals of structured query language (SQL).
- Articulate appropriate program management strategies.
Co-requisite: Should be taken in the same semester as BIA661 Programming for Data Science: R Programing Language or BIA662 Programming for Data Science: Python Programing Language.