Let your passion lead your career and change the world.
Impact Your Career and Make An Impact
Few careers give people the opportunity to travel the world, advocate for causes they believe in, and experience the job satisfaction that comes from watching your efforts result in lasting positive social change. An international development degree equips graduates to become leaders in the international development sector.
You already have the passion and drive to help others, so gain the skills to help create change on a grand scale. With Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s online Master of Arts in International Development, you’ll gain the tools needed to advance within your current company or to create new, powerful, and impactful initiatives domestically and abroad. You’ll graduate with the ability to apply innovative solutions to whatever human and social conditions you are faced with using the following skills and learning outcomes:
- Intercultural communication skills that will allow you to navigate international policy and cultural differences in order to solve global problems.
- Media savvy and media relations skills necessary to run a public relations campaign for a charity, NGO, advocacy organization, government initiative, or international relief effort.
- Fundraising skills that will inform you how to find donors, manage resources, and finance humanitarian work.
- Project management skills needed to manage international projects, navigate foreign aid regulations, and work with foreign governments and social service providers.
Become the Voice of Change
Earning a master’s is often a prerequisite for career advancement in the field of international development, and it will help brand you as a leader within your organization. With this advanced training, you will have the opportunity to create change in any one of the possible careers below and more.
- Program Manager/Director
- Trade Officer
- Policy Adviser
- International Aid Worker
- International Development Consultant
- Finance Director
- Charity Director
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- International Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Communication Officer
- Grant Manager
- Country Director
- Chief of Party
- Nonprofit Director
- Community Organizer
- Social and Community Services Manager
Coupled with these altruistic career opportunities, the Bureau of Labor and Statistics predicts job growth for social and community service managers to increase 21 percent by 2022, much faster than most other professions. This rapid growth illustrates society’s growing need for well-trained professionals who have the passion and business savvy to create lasting change.