This course provides an overview of health care delivery systems and their interaction and influence on health care practices. An examination of health reimbursement systems, external regulatory bodies, and public policy are explored.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon course completion, students are expected to be able to:
- Describe the processes/organizations associated with regulation of healthcare practice in the U.S.
- Identify and discuss current legal statutes defining healthcare practice and professional rights and responsibilities of nurses.
- Describe and compare how healthcare delivery systems are organized and financed.
- Discuss social and economic factors shaping health care policy and ways to effect policy change.
- Analyze the challenges associated with maintaining organizational compliance within a care setting.
- Evaluate health reimbursement systems and their impact on health care practices and cost containment.