This course focuses on fundamental research skills needed to inform and guide quality nursing practices. Emphasis is on locating, critiquing, and interpreting research studies and reports to address a clinical practice problem.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon course completion, students are expected to be able to:
- Explain the connection between current nursing theory and research and professional nursing practice.
- Describe the steps involved in the research process.
- Identify clinical practice situations that may be resolved through the research process.
- Critique nursing research studies for validity and applicability to nursing practice.
- Perform a basic literature review to address a clinical research question.
- Apply the ethical/legal considerations involved in research.