This course examines managerial and leadership concepts applied to the role of the professional nurse.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- Differentiate between the roles of leaders and managers.
- Apply theories of effective leadership and management within selected health care systems.
- Demonstrate the concepts of conflict management using appropriate communication tasks.
- Describe the impact of unionization in healthcare and discuss the impact of collective bargaining including legal implications.
- Discuss strategies for effective interprofessional collaboration and team building.
- Discuss professional accountability for effective leadership within nursing practice and for advancement of the profession.