This course introduces integrative therapies as components of routine nursing care. Nurses explore how transformational care therapies such as massage, guided imagery, meditation, and acupressure can be used to promote wellness and pain control in all patients.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon course completion, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Discuss the conceptual basis for including integrative practices as adjuncts in the delivery of traditional nursing care.
- Describe several integrative therapies and how they can be applied to the nursing care plan.
- Describe assessment processes for patients who could benefit from integrative therapies.
- Select specific integrative therapies that are effective in working with patients experiencing anxiety, fear, and pain.
- Create a plan for teaching and coaching patients who could benefit from integrative therapies.