The purpose of this course is to introduce integrative therapies as components of routine nursing care. Nurses will explore how transformational care therapies like massage, guided imagery, meditation, acupressure, and others can be used to promote wellness and pain control in all patients.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon course completion, students are expected to be able to:
- Describe several integrative therapies and state how they can be applied to the nursing care plan.
- Describe a relevant patient assessment for patients who could benefit with integrative therapies.
- Describe integrative therapies that can be applied to the patient in pain.
- Apply integrative therapies to patients who are anxious and fearful.
- Create a plan for teaching patients how they can use integrative therapies as an adjunct to their traditional care.
- Develop competency in teaching and coaching patients who would benefit from integrative therapies.