This course focuses on graduate academic writing skills, including voice and style, writing that incorporate source material, ethical use of source material, APA writing guidelines, and the revision process. Students learn to locate and evaluate resources relevant to the research and writing process.
Upon completion of this course students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Develop a research question delineating the complexity of an issue.
- Use information from a variety of sources relevant to a question.
- Evaluate information for relevance and credibility.
- Analyze and synthesize content of scholarly sources.
- Present writing in an unbiased manner, representing diverse points of view on the topics.
- Incorporate source material into academic writing, including correct use of summary, paraphrase, and quotation, along with proper citation.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- Develop skills in rewriting, editing, and proofreading.