This course introduces selected models and practices in the exploration of what effective leadership is including understanding one’s own leadership style. The course also examines both the theory and application of strategic management tasks of leaders, including conducting a strategic analysis, developing a strategic plan, designing the organization, and implementing strategic change.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Analyze personal leadership style in order to adapt and develop effective leadership behaviors.
- Apply the foundations of leadership and decision-making required when dealing with situations marked by change and transition.
- Apply one or more processes for developing a strategic plan.
- Identify the distinct challenges of strategic planning and strategic management.
- Evaluate an organization’s business model and develop of a set of action steps for improving its strategy.
- Identify and apply the steps required to lead change effectively.